Job Vacancy at SUMAIT University - Marketing & Planning Officer (1 post),2021
- Plans, develops, implements, and coordinates strategic operations of marketing, and administrative programs, projects, and/or services of broad significance to the University.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, Marketing, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Determines need and plans, develops, and assesses a wide range of integrated communications strategies and programs for and on behalf of the university's principal executive.
- Contribute in the implementation of marketing strategies of the University.
- Organize and attend marketing activities or events to raise brand awareness.
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of media (social, print etc.)
- Provides strategic advice and consultation to leadership in the development, implementation, and evaluation of modifications and enhancements to existing operations, systems, Marketing activities and procedures.
- Develops and manages annual capital and/or operating budgets; oversees, monitors, and coordinates program budgets as appropriate.
- Recommends and participates in the development of university policies and
- procedures; may serve on university planning and policy-making committees.
- May represent the university to governmental agencies, funding agencies, national
- organizations, and/or the general public; may represent the principal executive at
- various community and/or business meetings, as assigned.
- Plan advertising and promotional campaigns for products or services on a variety of
- media (social, print etc.)
- Prepare content for the publication of marketing material and oversee distribution
- Conduct market research to identify opportunities for promotion and growth.
- Holder of at least Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, development planning and Management, Project Planning and Management or other relevant field of Social science Studies.
- Proven experience of minimum of three (3) years with directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Solid knowledge of marketing and planning techniques and principles.
- Good understanding of market research techniques, statistical and data analysis methods
- Excellent diagnostic and problem solving skills
- Good knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Skill in Planning and budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of integrated program planning, marketing, development, and administration within a private’s institution environment.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with a wide range of individuals and constituencies in a diverse community.
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of faculty and/or staff hiring procedures.
- Applicants should submit their applications supported by detailed Curriculum Vitae (C.V.),
- certified copies of their certificates, names and addresses of three non-relative referees who can be contacted for references. Foreign awards should be verified by Tanzania
- Commission for Universities (TCU).
SUMAIT University offers attractive salary and remunerations according to the University’s
Dead line 14/08/2021
Hand delivered application should reach to Sumait University, Chukwani Street Zanzibar
not later than 3:30hrs on 19th August, 2021. Or you can send your application through
Email at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications should be addressed to:
P.O. Box 1933, Zanzibar.