Job Opportunity at TARURA, Civil Engineer II September ,2021
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is an Executive Agency of the President’s Office, Regional Administration and Local Government, (PO-RALG), established under Section 3 (1) of the Executive Agencies Act. (Cap. 245) by Order published in Government Notice No.211 dated May 12, 2017; aid was inaugurated on July 02, 2017. Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency (TARURA) is vested with the responsibility of managing the development, rehabilitation, maintenance, axle load control; environmental and road reserve management of rural and urban roads network for the socio-economic development of Tanzania.
The Chief Executive Officer intends to recruit self-motivated, qualified
Position Title: CIVIL ENGINEER II (1 POST)
Duty Station: TARURA Material Laboratory – Mtwara MC)
- A National Form IV/VI certificate
- Holders of Bachelor in Civil Engineering, Environment Engineering or equivalent qualif cations from a recognized institution and has been registered with Engineers Registration Board (ERB) as a Professional Engineer.
- The candidate must be Computer literate and use his/her expertise to produce specific ations for design, process and apply materials effectively.
- Fluent in both Kiswahili and English language.
- Must be a Tanzanian Citizen
Work Experience: No less than 3 years in Material Laboratories.
Age Limit: Not above 45 years of Age.
Salary: According to TARURA salary scale.
Duties and Responsibilities;
- To assist in preparation of tender documents for procurement of Works contractors.
- To undertake road inventory, condition and traffic count survey;
- To supervise contactor at site and force account operations;
- To attend regular site meetings and prepare minutes:
- To Manage quality control of maintenance of roads, bridge and construction materials,
- To prepare TARURA road and bridge maintenance plans and budgets;
- To assess emergency works recommend appropriate intervention and cost;
- To perform such other related duties as may be assigned by supervisor.
MODE OF APPLICATION:
All interested applicants are invited to apply and submit their handwritten application letters to
Tanzania Rural and Urban Roads Agency,
P. 0. BOX 1443, MTWARA
through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline 17/09/2021 with their complete CVs; copies of all certificates; birth certificate; names of three referees one of whom a former employer; applicants contact telephone number and postal address. Applicants are reminded to quote the correct reference number of the advert in their application letter.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applicants who have worked with public institutions but have unsatisfactory previous records indicating poor performance and found guilty with disciplinary offences shall not be considered and any misrepresentation of such fact shall be subjected to legal measures.
Deadline for submission is 17/09/2021 at 16.00 Hours